+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shops in Seoul

Default Shops in Seoul

Hi!

I am about to go to Seoul and I would like to set up a new airsoft kit.
    So could anyone tell me where I could find any good shops for gear?
    All I could find was gunvest.com

Physical shops as well as online shops would be okay.

Thanks a lot

There's one on the 6th floor of the ET Land building in Yongsan. There's also one in the Technomart building near YangJae on the 4th floor.

If you go to 'ASK Information' on the site there are links to other sites and stores as well. If you tell us what you want we can steer you in the right direction.

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually I do not know what I am looking for. Just a bit shop browsing will be fine.

All I know is that I need a new load out

Maybe US SF of any kind. I really would like to have a rebel kit but I can not find any Rhodesian pattern or a Chicom. Which is strange as Korea is next to China which invented the grandfather of all chest rigs...I can find more Chicoms in US then over here. Strange.

Chinese products are not held in high regard in Korea and many stores just don't carry them.

Established Member krobinson103's Avatar

A few products bound to made in China...

http://www.gunday.co.kr/shop/view.ht...code=46&page=1

http://www.gunday.co.kr/shop/view.ht...code=46&page=2

This site as a few chest harness and webbing options.

Wow prices are similar to Canada kinda, hmmm maybe when I go to Korean I'll pop up and buy Academy M-16A1 but I'll bring parts from Canada to temporary use in the Academy

Why academy? They are just about the worse guns out there. Get a JG or even better a Marui. You will be much happier with the gun and it won't need nearly as much modification. I've used Jgs and Maruis and the marui is by far better. Worth paying the premium for - especially when you can't have a gun shooting over 300fps and expect to play against Korean teams.

Aren't academy body ready but not performance ready since there internals are shit I'll bring some of my parts from canada and pop a gearbox, motor, hopup, blah blah.

Creaky and crappy and no where near as good as a JG. Get a JG much better, but they don't cost much more. All you need to to is change out the spring and you're good. They come with a better barrel and hop up as well. Up to you, but I would never buy an academy.

That being said the CYMA AK is quite good. There is one for sale in the guns for sale forum. I saw it and tried it. For a cheap AEG its about as good as you are going to get. Shoots a little hot for Korea so you would have to open it up to change the spring anyway.Might be worth considering if all you want is a shell.

http://www.airsoftkorea.org/showthre...=2351#post2351
    Last edited by krobinson103; 11-04-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Shoots hot? Whats your fps standards in Korea? I always thought 400 and under for outdoor was fine and 320ish is ok for indoor even though canada we say 350.

It's 300fps here. The law is really 200fps.

Korea follows Japan in that regard. The official limit by law is 200, but no one ever pays that any attention. The Korean teams all play at 300. If you play any higher (and we have tried in the past) they get upset that its dangerous and hurts too much.

Thus there really is no point in owning an AEG shooting over 300 unless you want an expensive closet decoration. This is why most of the Chinese AEGS need to be modified right out of the box. Its also why marui guns are popular. They come out of the box at the Korean limit.

As I said, you could buy an academy but I've never seen one that even comes close to competing. Out of the box they shoot 200fps or so. I saw one that wasn't even close to 100fps. The plastic is weak and the general construction really shows that its built to a budget... a low one.

In the past when we were worried about prices more we all got JG and other Chinese clones. These days we are getting more and more people buying the premium brand AEGS and there really is a difference in quality. I made the mistake of buying a cheap gun first.. and ended up completely replacing everything in it and it still ended up as a spares mule in my closet. Not much left now except for the stock.

Its worth getting the best gun you can afford. It wil save you money in the long term. Of course, its all personal choice. If you really want an academy the best places I can think of to get one are:

www.mtom119.com
    www.gunday.co.kr
    www.auction.co.kr
    www.gmarket.co.kr

All of those links are in Korean, but they all have good prices on AEGs if you hunt around. Don't bother with the shops. They charge way too much. Sometimes you can luck out with good deals on BBs and gas guns, but I've only ever once lucked out on a good second hand marui m4 once in a shop. The new guns are silly prices.

The other place to look is:

www.gunsuri.co.kr

If you can register they have a large second hand market place for airsoft related things. We've had a bit of luck on 2 good Marui P90s, a JG G36c and others. A bit of a lottery but worth it.

Hmmm well I'm going to stay in Korean for a few weeks and hopefully I can hit one of your games and join in but do you guys have rentals? I know what you mean about crap guns since I use to have a Well R6 but now I use a ICS M4. BTW 300 FPS damn that's really low, I barely will feel a hit from 100 feet.

We have a few loaners. It really depends on the day. You need to put your request for a loaner in early to ensure you get a gun.

+ Reply to Thread